Your initial appointment will consist of an examination, including an oral cancer screening, and treatment options.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Your referral slip and any radiographs, if applicable.
- A list of medications you are presently taking.
- If you have medical or dental insurance, bring the necessary completed forms.
IMPORTANT: All patients 18 and younger must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the initial visit.
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are on any medication (i.e. heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.) or require medication prior to dental cleanings (i.e antibiotics, for pre-med.)
If your previous dentist has taken recent x-rays (within 6-months), you may request that they forward them to our office. If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office. If additional films are necessary, they can be taken at our facility. We use only the most advanced digital imaging.
Tips for ‘Cavity’ prevention
- Limit frequency of meals and snacks.
- Encourage brushing, flossing and rinsing.
- Watch what your child drinks.
- Avoid giving your child sticky foods.
- Make treats part of meals.
- Choose nutritious snacks.
Factors affecting gum health
- Clenching and grinding teeth
- Poor nutrition